WCD is always looking for ambitious and skilled individuals who take pride in their work. In return we offer a collaborative working environment and a competitive compensation package. If you think WCD is a place you would like to work, search our current openings below.
Job Title: Asbestos Project Monitor/Air Sampling Technicians
WCD is seeking experienced Asbestos Project Monitor/Air Sampling Technicians to act as our technical representatives during asbestos abatement projects in various industry sectors in the Hudson Valley. The position will work out of our Poughkeepsie and NYC offices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing asbestos abatement work to insure that work is performed in accordance with and in compliance with federal, state, and local laws;
- Collecting PCM and TEM air samples and properly recording chains of custody;
- Preparing daily logs of site activity, and reporting results in fulfilling assessment and monitoring requirements of asbestos abatements;
- Determining and monitoring final air clearance during asbestos abatements; and
- Providing daily interface with the Management team.
The successful candidate will have 1-2 years of relevant experience as an asbestos Project Monitor, and must have a firm understanding of New York State Department of Labor’s Industrial Code Rule Sub-part 56. Good oral and written communication skills a must.
NYSDOL Asbestos Project Monitor/Air Sampling Technician Certification is required. Other applicable Certifications in the environmental field a plus.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please email a letter of interest and resume with three professional references to Amy Stidworthy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Environmental Project Manager
WCD has an immediate opening for a Project Manager with experience in site investigations and remediation. Primary responsibilities include performing visual site inspections; reviewing and evaluating records and previous environmental assessments in preparation for further environmental investigations; collecting soil sediment, water, and other media samples; evaluating analytical data from samples collected; and writing technical reports describing the property and the work performed.
The position requires 3-5 years’ of field and project management experience, along with a BA/BS degree in a related area of study. An advanced degree is a plus. The successful candidate will also have experience in Phase I and Phase II environmental investigations, and demonstrate the ability to use a variety of field equipment. Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, analytical thinking, and computer proficiency are a must.
We offer a competitive salary, with a full benefits package.
Please email a letter interest and resume with three professional references to Amy Stidworthy, email@example.com.
Job Title: Part Time Administrative Position
WCD has an immediate need for a part time (30 hours/3 days per week), experienced administrative assistant to work in our fast-paced Poughkeepsie office. The successful candidate will be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Access, and Adobe. Speed and accuracy are a must, along with thorough proof-reading skills. Must be flexible and able to work well under time constraints, work independently, and possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
Job responsibilities include:
- Document production, screening calls, handling customer inquiries, and providing administrative support to the project staff;
- Proof-read all documents before submission to clients or regulatory agencies;
- Provide support to Project Managers on an as-needed basis;
- Assist with proposal development, follow-up and filing.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resume and three professional references to Amy Stidworthy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Certified Industrial Hygienists and Senior Industrial Hygienists
WCD is experiencing continued, rapid expansion and is seeking Certified Industrial Hygienists and Senior Industrial Hygienists to support our indoor air quality, construction, and microbiological environmental practices in both the New York City metropolitan area and Miami, Florida.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of IH experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene/ Public Health, Science, or Engineering. A Master’s degree, ABIH, or IHIT Certification is a plus but not mandatory, as the candidate will be encouraged to seek professional certification through WCD’s tuition reimbursement program. The position reports to an experienced WCD Certified Industrial Hygienist.
Certified Industrial Hygienist
The CIH must be ABIH-certified in comprehensive practice. Experience in the construction and insurance industries is a plus.
Position Description and Requirements:
- Work requires an understanding and proper implementation of NIOSH, OSHA and EPA sampling and analytical methods and computation of worker/occupant exposure levels vs. TLVs.
- Knowledge of effective and thorough documentation of calibration procedures, chains of custody, and site conditions during inspection and/or sampling is required.
- Conduct various industrial hygiene sampling protocols for air, surface, bulk material, and water, to include lead/metals, asbestos, and microbiological agents.
- Effectively communicate to clients and lay public the methods, rationale, purpose, limitations, and/or results of investigations and testing.
- Incorporate client-centered approach in all activities within the company-established technical standards and protocols.
To apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Title: Business Development/Client Relations Manager—Insurance Industry
Description: WCD is seeking motivated sales-focused individuals with strong ties to the Insurance industry to identify business opportunities and expand our client relationships in the insurance and risk management industries. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in cultivating business affiliations, identifying potential business opportunities, writing proposals, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
Skills/Qualifications: Minimum 5 years of sales/client relations management experience. Must have insurance/risk management industry track record. Excellent organizational and oral and written communications skills required.
Job Title: Asbestos Professionals
Description: WCD has been a national leader in the asbestos industry for more than 30 years. We are constantly seeking certified Asbestos Professionals to assist with surveys, design, estimating, oversight, management, and air monitoring around asbestos abatement projects. Essential duties and responsibilities include, design of asbestos abatement plans, overseeing/managing asbestos abatement remediation/demolition projects to monitor and coordinate the site activities. Perform as inspectors or technicians to coordinate and supervise the work, collect air samples, guide the direction of construction activities, resolve any questions about project intent and remediation details, and ensure all contractors are aware of and comply with site safety procedures.
Skills/Qualifications: Three – five years’ experience preferred in asbestos abatement. Must have valid, current applicable state (PA, NJ, NY, CT) and local certifications, which include:
- Asbestos Safety Technicians (AST)
- Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Certifications
- Asbestos School Hazard Abatement Reauthorization Act (ASHARA) Certification
- Asbestos Investigators
- Asbestos Inspectors
- Asbestos Project Designers
- Asbestos Project Management Planners
- Asbestos Project Monitors
- Asbestos Air Sample Technicians
Job Title: Environmental Field Technician:
Description: WCD is experiencing continued, rapid expansion in the NY metropolitan area and is looking for experienced and entry-level candidates to conduct field sampling and inspections for soil, water, and possibly, after training and certification, asbestos and lead. Additional responsibilities include compiling data for sample results and maintaining accurate and complete records of all field data and results.
Skills/Qualifications: Must be able to understand and interpret City and State regulations. Must possess good analytical skills with the ability to “think on your feet.” Good communications skills a must, with the ability to deal with individuals and clients on a one-on-one basis. Valid driver’s license and vehicle preferred; Undergraduate degree in Environmental Sciences or Civil Engineering or related field.
Don’t see an opening that fits, but still interested in joining our team?
We are always interested in hearing from talented, passionate individuals.
Send us an email and let us know why you’d be a great fit.