WCD is always looking for ambitious and skilled individuals who take pride in their work. In return we offer a collaborative working environment and a competitive compensation package. If you think WCD is a place you would like to work, search our current openings below.
Job Title: Certified Industrial Hygienists and Senior Industrial Hygienists
WCD is experiencing continued, rapid expansion and is seeking Certified Industrial Hygienists and Senior Industrial Hygienists to support our indoor air quality, construction, and microbiological environmental practices in both the New York City metropolitan area and Miami, Florida.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of IH experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene/ Public Health, Science, or Engineering. A Master’s degree, ABIH, or IHIT Certification is a plus but not mandatory, as the candidate will be encouraged to seek professional certification through WCD’s tuition reimbursement program. The position reports to an experienced WCD Certified Industrial Hygienist.
Certified Industrial Hygienist
The CIH must be ABIH-certified in comprehensive practice. Experience in the construction and insurance industries is a plus.
Position Description and Requirements:
- Work requires an understanding and proper implementation of NIOSH, OSHA and EPA sampling and analytical methods and computation of worker/occupant exposure levels vs. TLVs.
- Knowledge of effective and thorough documentation of calibration procedures, chains of custody, and site conditions during inspection and/or sampling is required.
- Conduct various industrial hygiene sampling protocols for air, surface, bulk material, and water, to include lead/metals, asbestos, and microbiological agents.
- Effectively communicate to clients and lay public the methods, rationale, purpose, limitations, and/or results of investigations and testing.
- Incorporate client-centered approach in all activities within the company-established technical standards and protocols.
To apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Title: Business Development/Client Relations Manager—Insurance Industry
Description: WCD is seeking motivated sales-focused individuals with strong ties to the Insurance industry to identify business opportunities and expand our client relationships in the insurance and risk management industries. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in cultivating business affiliations, identifying potential business opportunities, writing proposals, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
Skills/Qualifications: Minimum 5 years of sales/client relations management experience. Must have insurance/risk management industry track record. Excellent organizational and oral and written communications skills required.
Job Title: Asbestos Professionals
Description: WCD has been a national leader in the asbestos industry for more than 30 years. We are constantly seeking certified Asbestos Professionals to assist with surveys, design, estimating, oversight, management, and air monitoring around asbestos abatement projects. Essential duties and responsibilities include, design of asbestos abatement plans, overseeing/managing asbestos abatement remediation/demolition projects to monitor and coordinate the site activities. Perform as inspectors or technicians to coordinate and supervise the work, collect air samples, guide the direction of construction activities, resolve any questions about project intent and remediation details, and ensure all contractors are aware of and comply with site safety procedures.
Skills/Qualifications: Three – five years’ experience preferred in asbestos abatement. Must have valid, current applicable state (PA, NJ, NY, CT) and local certifications, which include:
- Asbestos Safety Technicians (AST)
- Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Certifications
- Asbestos School Hazard Abatement Reauthorization Act (ASHARA) Certification
- Asbestos Investigators
- Asbestos Inspectors
- Asbestos Project Designers
- Asbestos Project Management Planners
- Asbestos Project Monitors
- Asbestos Air Sample Technicians
Job Title: Environmental Field Technician:
Description: WCD is experiencing continued, rapid expansion in the NY metropolitan area and is looking for experienced and entry-level candidates to conduct field sampling and inspections for soil, water, and possibly, after training and certification, asbestos and lead. Additional responsibilities include compiling data for sample results and maintaining accurate and complete records of all field data and results.
Skills/Qualifications: Must be able to understand and interpret City and State regulations. Must possess good analytical skills with the ability to “think on your feet.” Good communications skills a must, with the ability to deal with individuals and clients on a one-on-one basis. Valid driver’s license and vehicle preferred; Undergraduate degree in Environmental Sciences or Civil Engineering or related field.
Don’t see an opening that fits, but still interested in joining our team?
We are always interested in hearing from talented, passionate individuals.
Send us an email and let us know why you’d be a great fit.